The logo represents a number of elements:
- The grandmother represents our grandmother moon who regulates the movement of water in this creation, she also represents us as the caretakers of creation and the waters.
- The sash she is wearing represents that she is a teacher.
- The female and male colours are represented on the sash she wears.
- She holds a copper vessel that is used in our water ceremonies. Copper is used because of its natural cleansing and healing elements.
- The blue background represents the waters.
Dave Shannanaquet is the Anishinabe artist from Michigan who created the logo for Mother Earth Waterwalk. The logo for the Lake Winnipeg Water Walk is a version of the original. It has been reproduced and is used with permission from Josephine Mandamin.